CP color changes

firegirl

I have been usining the Sudsy Shea & Shortening recipe with Goats milk. I have made batches that I colored in one solid color and others that I left uncolored. I have attempted to add TD.. etc... Here is my question.. Once I have unmolded the batches that I colored with one solid color (pink) the pink color only stayed on the top of my slab mold. The inside of the bar turned the typicle beige color. Is it the colorant? (Peacock) I am guessing that even though I am adding TD that the GM is obviously affecting the color, but why does the color only remain on the top of the entire slab and disappear in the rest of the bar/slab? I went to fuss with the top of batch and I noticed that the color was only on the very thin top layer and the rest had already disappeared and I had just poured it into the mold minutes before.. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance..

Teri

It sounds like the color morphed. It may come back in a few days. I have never used peacock colors so I can't help you with that. But I have had that happen with other colors. Sometimes they come back sometimes they don't. As far as the color on top it is cooler on top and will not morph as the rest does, I believe that is what happened.

I think it has something to do with the gel. I have soaped BB Yuzu in GM before with a pink mica and had good results, but when I soaped in with Labcolor red TWICE it was pink all around the edges of the bar, cream in the center. Now I use fuchsia mica and get a lovely pink.

Bethany