How are you guys....

Fern

posting pictures in your thread without it being an attachment? I resized my pictures to 80 x 80 pixels...when I attach them (which I didn't want to do, I want to be able to view them right in post) they are too small to view. Now I can't resize them back to the original size without them being all distorted. Appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks,

Fern

If you don't want them to be an attachment, you will need to upload them to a hosting site first. Then you simply click on the 'Insert Image" icon at the top of the page where you do a new post, and when the box pops up you type in the url of the place where your pictures are uploaded. There are many free image hosting sites out there..I believe one of them is www.photobucket.com . Otherwise, you're stuck with attaching them I think.

You can just upload the pictures....

A Quote from Robin:

You can also upload pictures here without having them hosted by someone else.

When you reply to the thread, look at the section below were the "submit reply" button is. You'll see a button called "manage attachments". You will get another window pop up that has options for you to browse to a pic on your computer.

There are size and dimension limits - make sure the pic isn't too big.

If you don't have a camera program or other image program, you can use Paint (comes with windows). Open the pic in Paint, and go to the menu Image -> Stretch/Skew. To make the picture 1/2 as big, enter 50% in BOTH the horizontal and vertical stretch fields. Figure out how big you want it, experiment with the % to shrink it by. Any number less than 100% will shrink it, not stretch it.

Robin

quote.gif

You can just upload the pictures....

A Quote from Robin:

You can also upload pictures here without having them hosted by someone else.

When you reply to the thread, look at the section below were the "submit reply" button is. You'll see a button called "manage attachments". You will get another window pop up that has options for you to browse to a pic on your computer.

There are size and dimension limits - make sure the pic isn't too big.

If you don't have a camera program or other image program, you can use Paint (comes with windows). Open the pic in Paint, and go to the menu Image -> Stretch/Skew. To make the picture 1/2 as big, enter 50% in BOTH the horizontal and vertical stretch fields. Figure out how big you want it, experiment with the % to shrink it by. Any number less than 100% will shrink it, not stretch it.

Robin

quote.gif

Cool. Hadn't noticed this option before LOL, guess I oughtta read all the threads once in awhile.