Need Help with formulation...

Christina

I am moving across the country in a couple of days and I have an order for a body butter that would be good for psoriasis. I have the oils I want to use....and I planned on incorperating them all in a whipped shea, but, alas, I sold my hand mixer (don't have a kitchen aid or anything). So, since they never specified that it NEEDED to be a whipped shea, I feel ok making it an emulsified butter. BUT, I'd like it to be much thicker than the emulsified butter I make already (which is the emulsified butter recipe in the recipe section...I forget who posted it). How do I make this thicker? Do I up the steric or the e-wax? I need to have this done for today.....ugh......can I just use 3/4 of the water? I'm looking for something along the lines of penaten cream but that glides better (if you know what I mean). I'd be happy to just thicken the one I already make, I just don't know exactly how and I don't have the time to experiment. I plan to experiment a lot to get the exact texture I'vd been wanting for a long time, but for now, I'm happy to just have something a bit thicker. TIA

Christina

Actually cindy...I just went and looked and apparently it's YOUR recipe! I love it, by the way, which is why I was hoping to use it as a starting point for a thicker version. So, I tried upping the steric....that's about it. I don't think it did much but I guess I wont know till tomorrow when it's thickened up more. So, if I cut the water in half...will I have too much preservative? I need to read up more on preservatives. I don't make much that requires a preservative so I don't feel very knowledgable about them. Thank you for your suggestions by the way, I really appreciate them!

Christina