Getting on the search engines

dashmo37

When I first built my site, I listed it with www.dmoz.org, which will help you get listed on most of the major search engines. It takes about 6 months but worth it. I also listed thru www.add-me.com and that helped as well. Some people don't agree with it, but I also joined a lot of link swaps. It really does help. I did most of the swapping thru www.linkpartners.com. Besides alol that, just make sure your meta tags for your site list everything you can think of so when people use a certain keyword to search for your products, they will come up. Hope that gives you a starting point. :)

Trae

Alan I think is a reviewer for the candle section of dmoz.

Also, the easiest 2 things you can do to advance your normal search engine status are CONTENT and LINKS.

Most search engines really look at the content of your page. Make sure you use the words that you want people to look for. Test search engines - search using the words you'd want people to look for, and see what sites come up. Look at them to figure out why.

And links - the more people link to your site, the higher your ranking too. They see links to your site as "popularity"