needing help with candelina's jars

I have been trying to wick the frosted 10 oz candelina jars. I started out with Eco 10's, but could not get a FMP. I also had to trim wick to almost nothing before it would stop smoking & have a decent size flame. I tried LX 22, nope no decent MP, Tried LX 24's, nope..almost FMP after 3 hours....Trying to double wick with LX 20's now...

Any ideas??

And, should I have to trim wick "so much"...i know it should be trimed 1/4", but i'm having to trim lower then that.

What kind of wax are you using? I also use the candelina jars but use a 70/30 blend.

oh sorry, knew i was forgetting something....

IGI 6006

chocolate fudge F.O.

My LX 24's are almost thre...but its been burning about 4 hours & still no FMP

ECO 14 gives me a full MP, but soot all over. Have you tried an ECO 12? I have yet to try, but it may work. Also try twisting the wick before the wax sets. It will slowly spin the flame while it melts.

I was thinking about trying a 12..thanks...I double wicked with LX 20's & got a FMP right away & thinking tis gonna be to hot. It's gonna burn to fast....well lets try the Eco 12's..i'll let you know how it does.

Thanks

Eco 12's work GREAT with my 50/50 blend. I used a CD 14 on my 70/30 blend and it took 2 burns to catch up and clean the jars.

I only tried to wick one 100% soy and said heck with that because the size wick it would have taken was just too hot for the glass.

By the way, I couldn't get this jar wicked with the LX wicks either so don't feel bad lol

I agree with Jami, the size I would have needed would have made the glass too hot so I gave up also. The LX wicks do produce a very large flame once you get into the larger sizes. I had to keep trimming the wicks because they grew so tall. I knew the average customer wasn't going to constantly trim the wicks so I gave up on them. I was using soy at the time.

I agree with Jami, the size I would have needed would have made the glass too hot so I gave up also. The LX wicks do produce a very large flame once you get into the larger sizes. I had to keep trimming the wicks because they grew so tall. I knew the average customer wasn't going to constantly trim the wicks so I gave up on them. I was using soy at the time.

So you think i should try the ECO 12's or give up, because i'm the same way..the average customer isnt going to trim the wick like it should. I'm no where near selling these, but thinking in the future, your right.

I guess i'll try the ECO 12's & see, but if i cant get the wick right..i might just stick with masons or jelly jars..lol..