Mason Jars

I would like to know what everyone prefers on these. The ones that say"Mason" on them or without. I've been shopping around for the best prices on these but it seems to me it's still going to be alot cheaper on me picking them up at Wally World. I personally like the mason on it.

I have found them at Wix N Wax and they seem to be the most reasonable so far. I really like the squat masons.

Has anyone just used the lids that come with these jars and just put a label on the disc? I was thinking maybe of using just the disc for the lid and using the heatgun to seal it on the jar. What do you think?

Any thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

I like the quilted jars which come with a labels. I put the warning label on the bottom and the scent label on the clear spot on the glass. Don't know what your customers will prefer-ask them! I do. I would not try to seal the lid to the jar with a heat gun. It requires a lot of heat to soften up that rubber and you could create real problems and burn yourself. If you really want to try it, soften them in boiling water (this is how they are designed to be used), dry well, and screw on to the jar. Then remove the bands. I'm not positive this will work because it is the vacuum seal that keeps the lids on the jars when you can produce or jelly, not the rubber. I just use the lids and bands that come with the jars so my customers can open and smell the candles. You can also buy one-piece lids on the internet. Kitchen Krafts handles them and there are others too.

I've used mason jars from day one. Mine are actually Kerr jars, but I have used Mason, and would use either.. my supplier just carries the Kerr. Mine say the name on them and I like it. My customers love the country look of the canning jar. You can't beat the price, and what a great way to keep your costs down!

I like the quilted jars which come with a labels. I put the warning label on the bottom and the scent label on the clear spot on the glass. Don't know what your customers will prefer-ask them! I do. I would not try to seal the lid to the jar with a heat gun. It requires a lot of heat to soften up that rubber and you could create real problems and burn yourself. If you really want to try it, soften them in boiling water (this is how they are designed to be used), dry well, and screw on to the jar. Then remove the bands. I'm not positive this will work because it is the vacuum seal that keeps the lids on the jars when you can produce or jelly, not the rubber. I just use the lids and bands that come with the jars so my customers can open and smell the candles. You can also buy one-piece lids on the internet. Kitchen Krafts handles them and there are others too.

So you use the lids that come with the jars right? That say Kerr Mason? Sorry my head is in a fog this morning. Darn headache. I've looked at the gingham disc's and thought those were cute as well.

Thank you ladies for the input. I do believe these jars will do really well in this area and being able to purchase them here and use the same lids is going to cut down my cost a great deal.

I would love to see a pic if either of you have one you would like to share.

HalfPintCandles.jpg

That's how mine look. My labels are a bit different now.

I have ordered some old tyme zinc lids and some other similar lids to try with these. My wholesale accounts will stay with this lid though unless they want to pay more per candle.. this lid keeps the costs way down.

Oh thank you Sharon. Those are just cute as can be. Guess I'm going to have to get the kraft brown labels. All I have are the glossy white and the clear lol. Guess I'll just have to see how the white ones will look.

So you use the lids that come with the jars right? That say Kerr Mason? Sorry my head is in a fog this morning. Darn headache. I've looked at the gingham disc's and thought those were cute as well.

Thank you ladies for the input. I do believe these jars will do really well in this area and being able to purchase them here and use the same lids is going to cut down my cost a great deal.

I would love to see a pic if either of you have one you would like to share.

The quilted jelly jars come with lids with pictures of fruit on them and matching oval labels. The jar has a diamond like pattern on it but only numbers on the bottom-does not have Mason, Ball, or Kerr on it. Have not gotten around to taking pictures yet, sorry. Here is a link to Kitchenkrafts with a photo:

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=PG0104F&bhcd2=1185651139