Essential Oils?

Is there a way to use EO for products that can be affordable enough to make a profit? They seem to be very expensive. Do many of you use EO's to fragrance your products, and if so how do you go about it?

I'm clueless on this, sorry...

I use only EO's, many of them are not that expensive if you buy in larger quantities. I make only soap and bath salts with them, and I find they work very well. Just be sure you buy from a reputable source.

They don't seem to work well for scenting candles, although some people have luck with them.

I use E.O's in some of my soy candles & they work well for me.

As with any fragrance testing is the key & you will probably find that some just don't work.

As for the expense, I use around 0.5 oz/0.06 oz E.O per # wax which I find compares favourably with the cost of say 1 1/2 oz F.O per # wax which is my usual rate in soy candles.

I don't know what the cost of E.O's are in U.S (I'm in Scotland) but as Doris said the more you buy the cheaper they get, just don't go buying huge amounts til you've tested them out.

If you're looking to make more "natural" products then go ahead & give them a go.....& have fun playing with them.

Forgot to say my candles with E.O's in them need to be cured for longer than with F.O's so it's worth putting them away for at least 2 weeks or longer ( they really do improve with age).

Sally.