Bee's Wax and palm Wax. . . . . .

DO NOT MIX VERY WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Boy was that a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just tried it to see what would happen and man I had air pockets galore!!!!!!!!!! the palm still crystallized but it was awful on top!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: kinda slushy looking!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mixed a small amount of BW (along with other stuff) in with a batch of palm wax I was using to make a luminary (hurricane). In this application, crystals are not what I am shooting for, so no worries there. The wax has a nice, creamy appearance. My main concern is that it may enhance cracking and thermal shock - am currently torture testing so we'll soon see if it's a crackup!

For container candles, I wouldn't think that BW would bring anything desirable to the mix.

Stella,

I wasn't shooting for any crystallization either but as I am buring this one, right now, (hot apple Pie -- my FO blend with actual pie crust fo blended with it) the hot throw is awesome!!!!!and it burns all the way to the edge of the container. A little hangup but I am sure it will melt off! I poured into an 8 oz. square mason jar!!! and used a CSN 9 wick.

Actually I like the smooth and creamy look in a pillar and container.

Any suggestions on how to get this look with the palm wax? Pour at a lower temp? I am going to try the coconut oil with it too! See what happens there!

I love experimenting but waiting on the cure time gets me!!!!:grin2:

Actually I like the smooth and creamy look in a pillar and container.

Any suggestions on how to get this look with the palm wax?

Palm wax is actually kinda anti-smooth & creamy. Soy wax would be a better choice for those attributes.

In our experience with the type of palm waxes we have used, when the wax is poured pretty cool, it will lose the crystallization effect and become more transparent. It will show a lot of jump lines and superficial cracking also.

You could certainly try mixing it with a container soy wax to see if you get the results you desire. In most cases, smooth & creamy will cancel out crystallization.

Palm wax is actually kinda anti-smooth & creamy. Soy wax would be a better choice for those attributes.

In our experience with the type of palm waxes we have used, when the wax is poured pretty cool, it will lose the crystallization effect and become more transparent. It will show a lot of jump lines and superficial cracking also.

You could certainly try mixing it with a container soy wax to see if you get the results you desire. In most cases, smooth & creamy will cancel out crystallization.

Stella, I wish I could use my soy/paraffin blend again! :cry2: I loved that wax and so did my customers!!!! I miss making my banana pudding candles, cookies and milk candles, hot fudge sundaes, bundt cakes, pie tarts, cinnamon buns and my 200 different types of wax melts/embeds, tropical pillars, elegant bowl candles, and chunk pillars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry2: if they didn't give me migraines while I was melting it then I would go for it!!!!!!:D

Awwww, Suzanne.... that's just not fair! Migranes are so awful - is it the soy wax itself that triggers your headaches or the FO? Do the headaches happen with different brands of soy wax? Can you work with soy at all? If so, you can blend container soy wax with palm for a kinda creamy, kinda patterned hybrid candle... :confused:

Stella,

It is not the FO's..... I make 1/2 oz fragrance oils for oil burners and it doesn't bother me. For some reason the soy/para blend I used (this was the 4th wax I tried) just gave me migraines before I added the scent. I used ventilation and masks,what the doc recommended and still got headaches!

I would crank up the melting pots and wait for the wax to melt and at the first sign of the wax melting, BOOM I had a headache!!!!!!!!! Go figure!!!!

I can't burn one of those candles either! I ate headache medicine like it was going out of style! and then on top that!!!!!!!!!! I would get sinus headaches too!!!!!!!!!!

Go figure!!!!!!!!