Adding Sugar at Trace?

CBE

Ok... my mind is rolling again... and that's a dangerous thing! LOL

Has anyone ever added sugar to their CP at trace?

I added about a two teaspoons of sugar in a ziploc bag, added dye. Mixed well, then added a teaspoon of silver mica. I want to sprinkle this on top of my soap for a sugared look. What I need to know is this.... if I add it to the tops... then do a top swirl with it.... will the sugar morph into something hideous? I'm looking for a crusted, sugared look... and after swirling the first sprinkle... I was going to sprinkle more. Anyone have any advice? I know there are alot of you guys out there more experienced than me when it comes to CP.

You could try substituting salt for the sugar instead. I've used medium grained Hawaiian Red Sea Salt in soap with really good results. I bought it from FNWL (From Nature With Love). The salt didn't melt or morph at all, and from the looks of it, one can't really tell if it's salt or sugar. Also, if you sprinkle silver mica on top, it adds a wonderful extra oomph of a sugar encrusted look. I love to sprinkle my soap tops with either silver mica or diamond dust mica because they give my soap a really cool sugary/sparkley look.

MarieJeanette