Soy Massage candles

AAngels

Soy massage candles are all around in stores. You melt them and message them into your hands. They sell for about 12.00 per can that they are in.

I have tried them and they are not hot.

Hard to find a receipe.

I asked the same question a long time ago and the response was not good, but i know what your talking about. They smell amazing. I never used them for massage, they just smelled good. I retailed them at my salon. I know they dont get hot, you would think people are smart enoughtto blow the candle out before dipping in. If you really like them, I would just stick with the companies that already make them, because people can be stupid and there is the liablility issue.

Thank you for all the information.

You know how people make wickless candles? Well I bet you can do that for the massage candle too so there is no flame and keep it on a warmer.

I don't know if I will do them yet, I do want to master candle making first. Just wanted to know if there was a recipe on it somewhere.

I understand the liability of that, plus, there is also a liability with candles too.

FYI----

I'll never forget this one insident my daughter bought one of those tin candles from a party plan company and sat it on her counter and lit it well after a while it burned the countertop because it was a laminate.

Thus the importance of labels and telling people too. It can happen with those as well.

Thank you much for all the info. and Donna too.

If you keep one on a warmer does it get to hot as the warmer continues to add heat???

That's why it's important to label correctly, and inform your customers of the risks. It's also important to test.... test.... test.... see how long it takes to warm up and turn to liquid on the warmer.... depending on the type of warmer that each person uses...then label correctly. Doesn't some warmers heat up faster than others? I know my itty bitty warmer takes forever to melt a candle. LOL For massage candles with a wick, I think it's better to not let it burn no more than 5-10 minutes... You don't need much oil, a little goes a long way.

If AAngel uses soy in her massage candle, it will burn cooler. It's actually a few more degrees hotter than the temperature of a hot bath. Now, I always inform people that it's not like a regular candle. It's not intended to burn for hours. It will not give off a scent throw like a regular candle. It's intended to burn only for massage...burn it when you need it.... LOL sexe.gif

CareBear.... aren't you in the Candle and BB swap???!!!! :yay: You'll be getting one of my massage candles!!!!! :yay:

CareBear.... aren't you in the Candle and BB swap???!!!! :yay: You'll be getting one of my massage candles!!!!! :yay:

I am in it and am very excited to try it. My hands ache when they are cold and I think something like that could be nice as long as I don't burn myself. But I DO read and follow instructions so I'm sure it'll be fine. What scent are you doing?

I am in it and am very excited to try it. My hands ache when they are cold and I think something like that could be nice as long as I don't burn myself. But I DO read and follow instructions so I'm sure it'll be fine. What scent are you doing?

Don't know which one you'll be getting... but I did a variety of three scents:

Tickle Me Pink/Hanky Panky/Butt Naked :shocked2: LOL They all smell wonderful. I hope everyone enjoys them!!! (along with an extra surprise!!) :yay:

Don't know which one you'll be getting... but I did a variety of three scents:

Tickle Me Pink/Hanky Panky/Butt Naked :shocked2: LOL They all smell wonderful. I hope everyone enjoys them!!! (along with an extra surprise!!) :yay:

I was just hoping it wasn't a coconut, but I think I'm safe (coconut make me go ewwww!). Yipee!