CSN 16 Wick Too Small For My 3" Status Jar With Palm Wax

CS recommends I use a CSN 14, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to work, so I wicked my 3" status jars with a CSN 16. The CSN 16 is the biggest CSN that CandleScience carries. I need to wick up, but what would I wick up to in my jar using frost palm wax? What would be bigger than the CSN 16?

Here are some pics after a few hours of burn:

badwick2.jpg

badwick.jpg

badwick3.jpg

I have wicked this jar with the Glass Glow palm and the CSN 14 worked great. The Frosted Palm has a lower melt point than the GG so I would not think that you would need to go higher than a CSN 14. It takes several burns for the sides to catch up.

You could also try double wicking with 2-CSN 7 or 9's.

What percentage FO are you using? I would not recommend over 5% FO. The wax will not hold over 6% and honestly all the scents I have tested have been great @5%.

Hope this helps.:grin2:

I have wicked this jar with the Glass Glow palm and the CSN 14 worked great. The Frosted Palm has a lower melt point than the GG so I would not think that you would need to go higher than a CSN 14. It takes several burns for the sides to catch up.

You could also try double wicking with 2-CSN 7 or 9's.

What percentage FO are you using? I would not recommend over 5% FO. The wax will not hold over 6% and honestly all the scents I have tested have been great @5%.

Hope this helps.:grin2:

This one is scented with Dragon's Blood and now that I look at the pictures, it looks like the insides of something living. Maybe an organ or something lol. I am using 6% FO, but will try dropping it to 4-5% and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions :-)

I'm not sure because of the angle of the photo...but it appears that your wick may be just a little bit off center. If you haven't checked that out it might not hurt to do so. If your wick is centered well then it could be a combo. of things.

If you go to the gallery you can look at my palm wax pictures and see the problems that I have been having using a single wick (CSN 16 as well). As of now,until I can make a single wick work and work well,I have opted to use two csn 9's and those pics. are in the gallery as well. My jars are apothecary and they measure 4"H x 4" W(at it's widest point) x 2.75" at the opening. I am using CS liquid burgundy....6 drops and the single CSN 16 wick. On my double wicked candles all my colors are from CS and the fo's are from NG or BCN.

Make sure that your candle isn't burning where there is a draft.

Mike

P.S.

I would try double wicking them with csn 9's and see how that goes for you.

I use the frost palm too. I've never tried the glass glow. My jar is also 3" but I use the Madison Jars. For the life of me, I could NEVER get it to work with a single wick. The CSN 16's would eventually soot too for me. I now use two CSN 9's and they work perfectly with every scent I've tested so far. You might want to try and double wick. :grin2: