Ball Jelly Jars for Candles

I just returned from my local grocery store and found they are currently having a 50% clearance on some of their jars such as the following:

12 oz. Ball Quilted Crystal Jars (12 of them)

and

8 oz. Widemouth Tapered Jars (12 of them)

They are being sold for $4.49 a case. Would you consider these jars a good deal and acceptable to use in making candles. (Soy wax)

Thanks!

CandlesInIL.... that is what I started using when I first learned how to make candles!!!!:laugh2: then I learned EVERYONE who makes candles uses them so I went for a container that was not popular and that I liked!!!!

I use the 8 oz square mason jar only for my "Cow Pattie" Fragranced candles. it looks kinda country like a cow :laugh2:

But my other containers I want a simple but elegant container!

but that is a good deal! If your area loves that kind of container candle, go for it and sell them to earn the cash!!!!

I went and bought one of each and I'm going to test em out tonight. I especially like the 8 oz widemouth jars. The 12 oz crystal is nice but they have a pillar style body to it that I don't care for....

I'll wait for some more feedback but I think I might go back and buy the rest of the widemouths....

Great deal! I use the Ball 8oz Jelly jars (the non crystal quilted) regular mouth and paid $7 and some change for them at Kroger. The quilted cryatal ones are more expensive by a couple of bucks. Everywhere else around here was sold out of the ones I use so I had to buy from Kroger. Did you know there is a Ball plant on I-74 near Danville? I noticed it on one of my many trips to visit my parents. I have great results with these jars as they are not too tall, are made to withstand canning temperatures, and are the same width from top to bottom. Happy testing!

Sharon - Do you doublewick your widemouth jars or use a single wick? I did one last night with doublewicks.. I really like how the jar looks as well. The store has like 8 cases still. I think I'm going to go get the remainder of them.

This will be a good start for me to use with testing and give away as testers and presents.

Thanks!