Need help with a picture

cowgirl

I don't know if this is possible or not but I am trying to design a label and I have a picture that is rectangle but I would like for it to be oval. Is there any way of doing this or am I asking for the impossible? I am using avery design. Do I have to use another program to edit the pic as an oval then import to the avery program ? I have been trying to figure this out for hours and I just can't find a program to do it and I sure don't see an option for that on the avery design program. Any help would be appreciated

My best guess (there's always room for error), is that you need to use the elliptical crop tool in another program.

Avery seems to only want to do squares and circles if they started that way.

ETA: There is another simple way to do it and save if you can't or don't have the elliptical crop, or are really bad at it! :)

Crop it into a perfect circle, then over crop it into a square. What's left is some plain, straight square edges and the pic is still circular, and can easily be adjusted in Avery to match the oval.

ETATS: The other option you have is to crop it as close to the edges as a rectangle shape and play with it in Avery just a bit to expand edges and just leave the extra hanging over the side.