Which Wick Do You Like for GW464?

Ok, since I am going to be getting back into candlemaking, I thought I would start with a different wax.

I'm kinda leary of my old supplier since I got a bad box a while back. It's not so much the fact that I got a bad box, I know it can happen to the best of suppliers, but what really upsets me is that I was told that nobody else had complained about having problems. But, I had gotten pm's from others on the board asking what brand of wax it was and that they had also had problems with it. When they inquired with the supplier, they were also told that nobody else had complained. So this makes me leary.

Anyway, I have gotten some GW464 from Aztec International that I am anxious to try. I have read the thread from when this wax first came out and everyone was testing. So I thought I would check and see if anybody is using a similar combo that I am and see which type of wick you like best.

I have the 16 and 26 ounce apothecaries, with my previous wax I was double wicking the CD's mostly 18's and 20's but have noticed that even with the 18 in my harder scents to burn, I get a terrible mushroom with the GW464 and too deep of a mp. I don't have anything smaller than an 18 so I know I need to order some, but I was just curious which type everyone likes with this wax, CD's, Cotton, LX, Eco....

TIA

Jennifer

Thanks, that's good to hear

I really hate the mushroom and the soot on the side of the jars. I guess that's two of my biggest complaints with the CD's, but it seems that with my previous wax the HTP's and LX's just didn't do well in my harder to burn scents.

I know it's a matter of test, test, test, but when you are working on a budget it's nice to have some idea of where to start. I hate to spend 1/2 million dollars in wicks alone.LOL

Jennifer

I'm like you , I've tried the cd's and the lx's with the 464. I never had good luck with lx's for scent throw and I got a better scent throw with the cd's but I always ended up with cd10 being too little and the cd12 being too big with my candles. What I'm liking about the 700's is I can find the wick that's fits in between. It can be frustrating to find a starting point since there are so many to choose from. My supplier was extremely helpful in keeping me from buying ones they didn't think I would use for my jars. hth

Yeah! Just ordered a sample pack of the 700 from wickit. The lady I talked to said that those worked real well in the GW464. So I'm off to pour my candles so I'll be ready to poke those little wicks in there when they come and start my testing. Thanks for all your help.

Jennifer