My first little melties!!

BBSweets

I'm so excited about my first little melting project! :yay:

RoseHearts.jpg

I used beeswax, a bit of red candle coloring block, and rose FO. They smell so wonderful!

For the little hanger things, I just pushed an eye pin into the wax before it was completely cooled. I read the suggestion in one of Henryk's posts and I think it's going to work great!

I haven't decided on the type of stringing material I'm going to use though. Ribbon, silver/gold thread, etc. Actually, so far the natural hemp string looks the best. What else could I use?

I think I'm going to make up a few different batches and send them as a little free gift when people order my jewelry. What would be a cute way to package them?

I have so many ideas for color/scent combinations. Not to mention all the molds that I could use! :yay:

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas about my melties!

Those are some neat little melties..:yay:

As far as packing goes, I might wait until the weather cools a bit before shipping them as samples with the jewelry or ship on mondays so that there is less chance of sitting in a hot warehouse or on a hot truck over the weekend. (so they won't become melted melties..:grin2: )

Sounds and looks like you're having fun with these..:) Keep up the good work and keep posting.

eta: That's a nice photo too!

Those are really cute! I do have a suggestion though, String them and hang them in a window to see if they slide off your little hangers. I made some things similar to yours a few years back and used ribbon and found that I had to tie a large knot in the ribbon to make sure the ornies would stay on the ribbon when they got warm in the sun. I found that when the wax warmed up they will slide!

If they do end up sliding I would try those straight pins used for earrings and make a hook at the end sticking out, very easy with a jewelry tool. or maybe put a glass bead on the pin so it gives the wax something to "Hold" onto. So it doesnt slide off.

Great idea! Keep going with it!

Kim