In trying to sell....

What is the best way for newbies to get their candles out into the market place and to gain some market share? How much advertising should they do?

Should they hire a sales force? Should they go the MLM route or some other form of direct selling? Just what is the best way? What have others like yourselves done?

Mike

Wholesale is a good way to get your candles out there, and so are craft shows. For a multitude of reasons I would not recommend doing consignment. Talk to everyone you see about your candles. Give samples to people that will burn them in conspicuous places.. such as bank employees, or other business that have lots of walk in traffic. Some places won't allow an open flame so a candle warmer and wickless candle or tarts is also a good option for those places. If you have a website get your url out there for everyone to see it. I know someone who typed up hundreds of business cards with nothing but her web url on it and then she passed them out everywhere lol. Car windshields, grocery stores, laundromats, wherever she could leave them laying she did. She claims that this got her lots of website business.. I haven't a clue lol.

I wouldn't hire anyone for a good long while.. overhead is high enough without paying people to start with, but that is totally up to each individual I guess.

Good luck to you!