Soap like Play Doh

fmsojka

We have been making bath and body products for about 4 years, along with candles. The last year we have been wanting to make CP soap, finally started a few weeks ago. My husband went crazy over making the batches. We now have a whole bunch of soap curing on racks. And amazingly, the bars for the most part look great, feel great. But one batch looks and smells like play doh. Not sure what happened there. It is the only batch that we made with a scent that wasn't okayed by people on these boards. Strawberry Margarita CO from BCN. My husband tried it and said it felt great, just looks and smells funky. Has it morphed?

I really, really appreciate all the help that this board has given me. I read it like a text book.

Thanks

I would say that you experienced some morphing. BCN says the fragrance is soap safe but that it has not been tested in CP yet. I've heard of different people having trouble with certain strawberry fragrance oils morphing in their CP soap into yucky scents. A strawberry fragrance oil that I had tried myself from a different vendor did the same yucky scent morphing. I won't buy any strawberry fragrances to use in CP anymore without checking things out over at the Scent Review Board site first. HTH!

http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/index.php

MarieJeanette :)

TFF, cuz that's exactly what mine smelled like!!! Yuppers, Strawberry Margarita from Bittercreek-phew and I thought there was something wrong with my sniffer cuz I wasn't smelling anything remotely close to strawberry, 100% playdoh smell.:laugh2: