"tarts"

I'm out of palm wax (ordering some on payday :wink2: )and I'm thinking of making some tarts with some soy I have. Other than the two palm containers I have curing I don't have anything to burn and smell *faint* !!!! I've never made "tarts" before so I don't have the molds or whatever you use. What do you use anyway?:confused:

I have some tiny muffin tins, would that work? It's just for me, no need to make them "pretty". What else can I use if not that? Thanks!!

What else can you use? Well, you can go to the grocery store and buy a package of little mini-pie tarts (I like the pecan pies ones), throw them away (it's shorts & swimsuit weather...), then use the plastic tray in which they come to pour tarts. They are just the perfect size! I also have a collection of round plastic scoops from laundry products - they work real nice too, but are too deep for a tart, so either fill them part way or stick a little wick in them. One could even use an ice cube tray... If you check a party supply store, you might find ice cube trays that make little palm trees, etc. Hit Goodwill or yard sales for candy molds...

Guess who's a packrat extrordinaire?:P

If you use a container wax, be sure to put them in the fridge before demolding, so they will pop out easily. Then you can put them in an empty tin on a tart warmer. :grin2:

Go to Walmart and get a package of the Reynolds mini muffin liners. A package of 48 is right at $1. Some grocery stores may sell them, too, but mine doesn't. That way, it won't matter as much if your soy wax is container blend and too soft to turn out of a mold. You just peel off the paper and foil before melting. Of course, a firmer wax is preferable (and neater to use), but you could make a container wax work.

Hey Becky, I'll usually get some container and throw in a little bit of pillar or bees wax to firm it up.

Dollar store ice cube trays work for me. Just pour cool like soy and not hot like palm. After they've thoroughly set up flip the tray ...don't twist. If there's a problem with them coming out - a few minutes in the fridge will loosten 'em up enough to flip out.

In your search for tart molds you will become very creative. I had a box of frozen appetizers that were packaged in layers, and when I took them out of the box I was so excited because it was yet "another" tart mold. Good luck, let us know what you find.