KY Perfect Blend vs. GL 70/30

I've used KY in the past and I don't recall having any problems with it. As for scent throw well so much of that not only depends on the wax but the FO, the % of that FO in combination with the wax and wick type used...As for Joy wax don't get me started:mad: . It use to be a great wax and I quit using it for the same reason you mentioned.

Well, Im on the other side of the fence. I havent tried KY, but I LOVE GL's 70/30. When I am looking at a couple of different waxes, I like to get a sample of each and try them out for myself. I also like to look at pricing and shipping costs. I can say that the 70/30 has awesome cold/hot throw. It's not like my pure soy, as pretty much everything throws in it, and 24 hrs is all the cure time I need. There is NO frosting, and it colors great. Good luck!

I've been using KY's PB since she came out with it and love it... have never had a frosting problem.. very smooth and the throw has been great with the FO's I'm using...

I haven't tried the new one yet...

Thanks everyone for the replies. :highfive:

I realize these 2 waxes are soy blends with KY having a slight higher % of paraffin. They both seem to perform equally well when it comes down to cold/hot throw, frost, coloring and adhesion. I'm still left curious about their reliability in consistency from batch to batch. I know that soy can be unreliable due to different crops. I'm just wondering if the higher % of paraffin in KY's Perfect Blend has helped to resolve this issue or are they equal in this area as well. Tia

I've tried GL and it is a good wax. I had good cold throw but not as good as I was getting in the past with Joy. For me it was pretty much like any wax that has a higher % of soy, not everything gave a strong enough throw for my taste. No reflection strickly on GL, just my opinion. I think they are having some problems with the current batch being sold so you may consider waiting until the next batch to give it a try.

I think they are having some problems with the current batch being sold so you may consider waiting until the next batch to give it a try.

They are???? :confused: I just switched to the GL 70/30 this week to experiment with it. Well, that was a waste of money!! :shocked2: Would you mind posting where you heard or read this info? I was all over their site today and didn't see anything like that. If this is true, they should post the info so people don't waste their money. Or maybe I just didn't look in the right area.

TIA

It's on their message board. I think there were two post started regarding the problem. Someone made a good point about making sure when you order a test size or wax in a kit to make sure the wax is from the current batch being sold. If the wax was cut and put into kits from a former batch and that is the one you do your testing with then if there is a change in the wax by the time you purchase a case you may get different results. GL is a good company and they offer better support with wax problems then a lot of other suppliers. I would think the problem will be taken care of with their next batch.

Thanks, PurpleHippie. I think my batch is fine as it's performing beautifully (smooth, no frost, great cold and hot throw, wicking is going well)... but I'll contact GL to find out where the 'bad batch' cutoff date is/was. I've heard great things about GL so that's why I chose this wax.

I haven't tried KY's container blend but I use their Votive & Pillar Blend and I love it!