Container Wax

I use a container wax for my glass and tin candles and as a tester i used it to make a voltive candle and some wax melts and i found the finished product was a lot smoother and crisper looking than standard paraffin candle does any one know if there is a problem using the container wax for my melts i.e. saftey reasons etc the wax and details as below

Candle Shack - PRO Container Wax

40°- 44°C

This is a new creamy smooth container wax

One fill paraffin container wax giving a smooth surface, excellent adhesion to glass, and a low melt point giving a full candle wax melt.

Professional fragrance retention and scent throw

I found that lower melt point waxes work good for electric warmers. If I use pillar wax for tarts on an electric warmer it doesn't melt all the wax. You may want to play with blending the two waxes to get a blend your happy with. I make my own blend from container and pillar wax.

HTH

Amy

would you reccommend a 50-50 mix or more pillar wax than container wax as a starting point for me

Here is a post

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54225

start at 50/50 and work from there, one poster does 75 container to 25 pillar.

If you want a creamy look use more container or more pillar for a harder translucent look. Colors will be more pastel with each addition of container. More pillar will give you richer colors, more container will give you better hot and cold throws. If you’re going to be using a tea light burner use more pillar, electric burner use more container. Just make up a couple of batches say 50/50 then 60/40, 40/60, 75/25, 25/75. Let them cure for a week or more. Burn them, let the melt for an hour or so. Then stick your nose in and find the one that has the best throw. Info on comparing scent throw here:

If you want a creamy look use more container or more pillar for a harder translucent look Colors will be more pastel with each addition of container. More pillar will give you richer colors, more container will give you better hot and cold throws. If you’re going to be using a tea light burner use more pillar, electric burner use more container. Just make up a couple of batches say 50/50 then 60/40, 40/60, 75/25, 25/75. Let them cure for a week or more. Burn them, let the melt for an hour or so. Then stick your nose in and find the one that has the best throw. Info on comparing scent throw here:

http://www.candletech.com/comparingscentthrow.htm

HTH

Amy