Soy & Sweating

i have had some sweat. this winter i poured in two different size jars, the large one sweated the small didn't? same batch, same pour time frame. i had some sweat the other day. i came home from work and it was soo hot, some sweated. i always use 1 oz pp. again as everything else with soy, good one day, bad next day, well that is my experience. :confused: what the??

Out of the blue I sometimes have experienced "sweating" with my candles. When it has happened it has had me completely confused since nothing has changed in regards to my supplies. Soy can be a complete mystery to me on occasion. 99% of the time I use 1 ounce per pound so I don't think the sweating was caused by too much FO. The only thing I could think of was the tempature or humidity.

Sara :)

Mine only sweat if I have them in heat...like an outdoor market in the summertime!?

I try to stay away from those situations. :tiptoe: But luckily they usually harden up again with no damage done.

same here....I have also burned a "sweating" candle, and there was no problems at all.

In my experience, 2 of the fo I've used sweat. None of the others and all are made the exact same way. When I first started making candles I thought I was doing something wrong but even today, just those 2 fo sweat. I started off using 1oz to 1lb of wax but I've cut it down just a bit and it minimized the sweating.