Bath cupcake packaging?

SoapDiva

How do you package yours if you make them?

I've been trying to think of a few ideas, um, I'm still in the development stages here and have been trying to think of a stable, yet attractive packaging idea.

The only idea I can come up with is packaging them in Chinese Take out containers (one per container). But then, how do I make it stable IN the box so that shifting dosen't marr the cupcake "frosting"?

Just fishing for ideas here. :P

I like the takeout box idea, very cute. Maybe bed the cake down in a pretty tissue, like you do for gift bags? It would fill in the empty space & stop the product from shifting, and you can lift it out of the box by the edges of the tissue.

Along the food theme, can you get mini-bakery boxes? That would be even cuter with the cupcake look, if they're available.

Jeri

A lot of your grocery store bakerys allow you to purchase their packaging at a reduced price. So you may be able to get some of the single cupcake plastic holders. I know that the Kroger that I shop at allows you to purchase all of their plastic containers. I think I paid 50 cents for one of the large multi-cupcake holder to take homemade cupcakes to my son's school.

Just some info if that is the way you want to go with packaging :grin2:

ANgi

I have some of the single cupcake holders...and they're too big on top. Unless you make a really full iced top on them they'll still be all over the place.

Funny, here I was frosting some of my own..thinking...NOW WHAT?

Would it work just to use the bottom part of the holder, and then wrap a piece of cello up from the bottom and tie it off like you would for a gift basket? Or would that hide the frosting effect too much?

Bath Cupcakes are basically a bath bomb (mine is a bubbling one) bottom and icing on the top.

Some people make a soap icing, some make a "butter" icing (like shea, mango etc) and others make a royal icing to put on it.

Its a fun, flirty kinda bath treat. Just google and you'll see some examples.

I think I've decided to go with a Chinese food container. I'm a multi purpose kinda girl. If they don't sell, then I can use the containers for salts or bath melts.

I have yet to make any of these and I am DYING to make them. They are way too cute. Right before Valentine's I made some bath fizzers in the shape of a cupid. I used cardboard covered in a metallic paper and then used shrink wrap. I am going to make some this weekend and plan on doing the same concept with those. If you use a royal icing type top, I would think it would hold up well to shrink wrap and if the base is just as big as the top it should stay upright.

Just my thinking.

Hugs

Amber

The chinese take out food container won't work, its too skinny at the base, I'd have to buy large ones, then they'd be huge.

I'm gonna have to think more on this. Thanks for the ideas everyone! I love the creativity here!