Peaks Reed base

I ordered it on Tuesday, won't get it til next week. I'll let you know. I currently use Candles & Supplies fragrance oil enhancer and have great luck with that. I hope this is not an alcohol base.

Funny! I was just looking at that today and wondering how many people had tried it. The description of the base says you do equal parts of fragrance oil and base, so it should not be alcohol, or they wouldn't tell you to mix it with their fragrance oil.

Funny! I was just looking at that today and wondering how many people had tried it. The description of the base says you do equal parts of fragrance oil and base, so it should not be alcohol, or they wouldn't tell you to mix it with their fragrance oil.

You could still mix a reed diffuser base that has alcohol in it with FO since it's not meant to be lit. Some people just prefer their base to be alcohol-free.

I guess I was just thinking that the FO wouldn't mix in with the alcohol. :embarasse I haven't done the reed stuff yet, but was just looking at it for personal use, and haven't done a lot of research on it yet. Since the Peak description didn't distinguish the base as one way or another, I didn't realize there was more than one kind. :embarasse That will show me won't it!:grin2:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried it. When I opened it, I thought it smelled so strongly that it would overpower any scent and just stink. Emailed Peaks and they said no, just try it. So I did. Mixed 50/50 with Celtic Moonspice. Have it in my bathroom and is still smelling great after three or four weeks. I have turned them upside down twice. My daughter-in-law liked it so well that I made her one too. I'd love to try some other brand as the beginning odor was horrid, but it seemed to disappear so I guess I'd say it worked well. Sometime I'll try a less spicey scent to see how that would end up. Would love to hear what others are using (initial smell) and their results. hth. Beth

I've tried the base from C&S, Lotioncrafter & Peaks. Peaks is by far the least expensive, and the initial OOB smell does not change the scent of your FO. I am currently testing Lemon Pound Cake from Peaks in my diffuser in my office and having great results, may have to add this to the line. I have it in my office at work and my colleagues 3 doors down can smell it. I've been told it smells like Lemons and Fruit Loops. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...