Soy Based / Synthatic Frangrance Oils?

8-GRAN-ONES

I have no ideal but at least 4/5 years ago some supplier had soy FO's. I bought about 6 different ones and they stunk so bad I moved them to the garage cause they were so strong. Don't remember if I ever used them but sent the brown to B&L just so she could see how bad they were. I don't think I'll ever spend money on any soy color again. I do have some from CandleWic that are suppose to have less scent and they are not bad but not quite as strong color wise as the ones I get from RE.

some suppliers sell soy based fo's( they will state this if it is). what this means is the carrier oil is soybean oil. all fo's have to have a carrier oil in them. that doesn't mean they are cut/diluted. this is how fragrance oils are made. they have to have a base carrier oil. there are just a few that i know of.

a synthetic base is a carrier oil that is not made of a natural oil.

a fragrance oil is made up of synthetic ingredients, but can sometimes contain some essential oils.

essentail oils are made strictly from plants/ flowers and a natural carrier oil.