Muslin scrubbing bags for shower

cbv1

I was thinking of making some muslin scrubbing bags for family members that don't take baths, only showers. I like the bath teas, but I was thinking if I shredded some of my CP soap and put them in a muslin bag with herbs, dried flowers, oatmeal and maybe some baking soda and essential oils, this could be used in the shower. If enough shredded soap is in the bag then hanging it up to dry in the shower would allow for additional uses. Has anyone experimented with something like this and if so how did they work for you?

Maybe I posted this in the wrong place. If so I would move this but not sure how to do that.... sorry!

I put soap in muslin bags for the shower all the time. I always have at least one hanging up in there. I hadn't thought of adding bath tea stuff to the bag also. It'd be worth a try.

I have a soap planer so I take ugly soaps, plane them and put them in bags. The soap is still good just now no one can see that it was ugly.

I am going to try these out this weekend and see how they turn out. I will give some to my daughter and her hairdresser friends and get feedback. If I get positive responses I will post the recipe in the recipe section.

I think Salt works kind of like an Alpha-Hydroxy Acid. It is just milder. Sugar is great too and is even milder. They help break down the dry, dead skin so you can rinse it off, revealing the softer skin underneath. This may not be the most appealing analogy but if you think about it, salt is used as a meat tenderizer because it breaks down the fibers in the meat making it more tender to chew. Sorry, not a good image I know but it gets the point accross. I make Sugar Scrubs and use them as my primary cleanser most of the time (they taste great too). Smiles...Jane