New to this

crisanns

Hey There Everyone I m New to all this I started my own business from home after Katrina doing candle fundraisers and now I'm branching out so any suggestions would be a great help and I just finished my very 1st website and would like comments /suggestions about it Thanks and hope to make lots of new friends here

Neil

Crisanne's Candles & Gifts

www.crisanns.com

Hi Neil, just a few suggestions. The font is way too big on the about us page and the spacing between words is off.

Too much Green everywhere. Maybe if it is lightened up or have a nice ivory in there somewhere. Green font on a green background is too hard on the eyes. Your pictures are fine but can not be enlarged to see the product better on the candle page. That's just a start. HTH.

Hi, I am from Lakeview! Anyway, I checked out your site and there are a few things that I suggest.

My main concern are the pictures. I am not good at taking pics, but by using the pics from the person that you bought it from, I am able to see exactly where the item came from. At that point, those that are computer savvy, can do a search for that particular site. If they do that, they will see the wholesale price that you paid. My suggestion is to take your own pics.

Second, I noticed some of your labels are off. Some aligned correctly, but others you are missing the top part of the label.

Third, I don't think you should use the block format. It tends to space things out unproportionally and it looks strange. I noticed that you had different formats throughout the site. Try to stick with one.

Somewhere (can't find it now), you have a yellow box with a red font that mentions about fundraising. I don't think the yellow and red go with your green site. Also, remove the kiss smiley. Finally, it says "enter content" at the bottom. I don't think that should be there.

Some of the fonts are too large and I don't know about the color. Be careful that it is easy on the eyes.

I don't think you need a separate category for "Candles" in the navigation bar or a "Shop Online" category. I think you can add the info. about the candles in the actual catalog. As for the shop online info., you should put that on the main page.

On the refer a friend page, you have random green boxes. One is empty and one says "enter content".

On the shipping page, you capitalize random lines. For example, "If you have a P.O. Box Please Contact Us With Your Order Since U.P.S Does Not Deliver to P.O. Boxes Please contact us with your order ".

Overall, I think the site looks good. Other than the 2 categories I pointed out (Shop Online and Candles), I think the site is easily navigatable. Congrats and good luck!

Guest Amorelei

My first impressions:

The site is dark. I don't like the green on green patterns... way too much green... I think purple, gold and green when I think New Orleans. Bright, happy colors. I think the empty boxes should go. Your sentences don't flow, they seem choppy and a bit repetitive to me. Website is spelled both web site and website on the first page. Bath Caviar is spelled bath cavair. Unless it's supposed to be cavair. I couldn't figure out how to go shopping... I clicked 'shop online', and that didn't work. I clicked 'candles' and that didn't work. I finally got it with 'online catalog.'

Just a few things that I would be thinking if I were a consumer visiting your site....