Scenting Question

I have been reading that you add 1oz fo per pound of wax. Now, when a candle person states their items are triple scented, does that mean they are using 3oz of fo per pound? Just trying to understand what triple scented means :)

thanks!!

Angi

Thanks so much for that! I was doing a search but ended up reading some posts that had nothing to do with it and got sidetracked!! Happened while looking for dry oil recipes...found some food recipes and lost complete track of what I was looking for in the first place LOL!

Angi

The link helped me as I was wondering how those who advertised "Triple Scenting" managed to Jam all that FO into their candles and still have them burn properly. I thought I was missing out on some secret ingredient!:wink2: As it turns out the truth has been twisted into a markketing ploy...... Thanks for the information!

I hate when someone says their candles are triple scented. Sometimes I get a little fragrance leakage on a few of my heavier scents using 1-1.5oz I couldn't imagine putting 3oz of fo in. The way i understand is most factory companies use about 33% if that in their candles that is why they sell them so cheap and the customer is always disappointed. I know i was that is when i decided to make my own candles. Thanks to a good friend who steered me in the right direction Thank You Mindy. So when someone uses the 1oz per pound ratio they say triple the scent to make their product sell better. But sometimes adding too much scent binds the fragrance and then you still can't smell anything at least that is what I have heard.

I pulled this from the thread mentioned above and could not have said it better.

"I have noticed it as well on many websites. My understanding of this, and I could be wrong, was this. Many years ago the industry standard was about 3-4% load, so when people discovered that it held more or the manufacturers made it to where it could hold more, like 9%, people started calling them triple scented. It is just a marketing gimmick, as is the gimmick that paraffin candles are harmful to you, in order to push your soy candles."