making money with candles

mishka

I've been doing candles & soaps for 3 years now and would like to put them on the market...............but my husband said I can't make money with the products, not because my product is not good, but I would have to charge to much for 1 candle...................Anyone making money with their candles, and how???? mine are beeswax and palm wax, so it's a bit expensive to make. Please help...:cry2:

Have you looked at high end boutiques in your area and what they are charging for a similar candle to get an idea on pricing? A product like yours is more high end vs walmart end because it's handcrafted.

No offense, but most candle buyers are women, not men. While he may not put too much stock in buying a candle, there is a reason why Yankme candles can get 30 bucks a candle. People buy them. I'm not saying you can charge that, but have you run your numbers? Do you know how much you'd retail and wholesale them for?

Also remember that as you do go into business, you'll be buying at wholesale pricing. The woman I mainly deal with offers a business discount off her "wholesale" prices she offers to the hobbyists.

I'm a B&B maker, before I started making product I was BUYING product, and I paid through the nose for it (my last major purchase was 5.5 oz of body butter for 36 bucks).

thanks Jennifer. I truly beleive in my products, so that should mean something, and personal I can not give up my dream..................I will start looking at prices at different boutiques, spas, and natural food stores.

;)