Pricing tureens/wickless

TxAngel60

Hi all,

How much are you selling your 6 oz and 8 oz wickless tureens for?

I had 7$ on the 6 oz and 9$ on the 8 oz elite jars.

A lady my son works with said they cost to much.

Just curious..I think this is fair, but may come down a buck..I saw on one website where a lady was selling them for 3.50..way to low IMO.

Unfortunately that is one of the comments that will ultimately be uttered by someone no matter how much you sell a product for. They see those huge jar candles at Wally World for $5.00 and think others should sell for that price. I think your prices are fair. What I think really determines your selling price is how much is the product costing you to make. That includes adding in the shipping cost for each item you use, wax, containers, wicks, labels. If you order from several suppliers that really adds up. Plus your electricity, time involved and if you print your own labels the ink. I once added up all the cost for a product I made and realized I was making less than .50 cent per item. Not worth it!

I think the price you have in mind is very fair. I was selling my 8oz wickless for 6.50 but with the price increase lately by most suppliers I will be raising my prices also.

Man, that stuff ticks me off.

Remind these ppl that you are not a machined factory...everyone is hand poured, that takes work. Let alone the care taken to scent them and make them look pretty...where lots of big companies out there don't care.

Hand crafted items cost more...you get what you pay for. If there were a problem, she can speak directly with the person who made it, can she say that about Yankee?

Also, if she buys a $6.00 candle with a wick, what are the chances she'll hit on a good brand and it will scent properly? Wickless last way longer than burning, so it is far more economical.

Gimme her # I'll set her right! Untalented yo-yos who think they know what the hell they're talking about - they're my favorite target!

Don't compromise!

Man, that stuff ticks me off.

Remind these ppl that you are not a machined factory...everyone is hand poured, that takes work. Let alone the care taken to scent them and make them look pretty...where lots of big companies out there don't care.

Hand crafted items cost more...you get what you pay for. If there were a problem, she can speak directly with the person who made it, can she say that about Yankee?

Also, if she buys a $6.00 candle with a wick, what are the chances she'll hit on a good brand and it will scent properly? Wickless last way longer than burning, so it is far more economical.

Gimme her # I'll set her right! Untalented yo-yos who think they know what the hell they're talking about - they're my favorite target!

Don't compromise!

Tell 'em Fern! :yay:

I had someone mention my price was too high once, at first it shocked me, but I let it go. The second time it happened I was at a craft fair/flea market (won't do that again) and the woman was clearly looking for a bargain and said that my prices were too high, so I politely told her that she can get a cheaper candle at Walmart and gave her the location.

Too funny...was telling my sister about Wal Mart directions..she told me to have my son tell her that next time,lol.

She's helping me make them to and said ppl want stuff for nothing.

I'm not giving them away. I did that several years ago..the small wide mouthed jj's as samples for neighbors,etc to test..not one of those ppl bought anything and I said I wouldn't do it again.

I still think those prices are fair..however I may put 6.99 and 8.99..& see if they fall for that one:laugh2: !!!

Darn it all...may even put that on my labels..~better than store bought, homemade goodness...you can't buy that at Wal Mart!!~

hmmm..may be my new slogan..:yay: