100 % Soy wax question

I don't color my candles, so I had no idea using a heat gun (hair dryer) on the tops would cause frosting. Sorry for giving wrong information:embarasse .

In my soy candles, I don't ever have to do anything to the tops. they come up creamy smooth on top every time. I just have to wait until slushy before I pour and that seems to do the trick. Every wax is different though, and I don't use that wax, I use EZSoy.

I don't color my candles, so I had no idea using a heat gun (hair dryer) on the tops would cause frosting. Sorry for giving wrong information:embarasse

Heatgunning doesn't ALWAYS increase frosting, so you didn't speak wrong... Even though we use NatureWax C-3 (EZsoy was a nightmare for us), sometimes heatgunning causes frosting and sometimes it doesn't. It depends upon the dye and FO used as well as the temperature poured, how much of the top becomes liquid during the heatgunning, etc. If tops don't suit one, heatgunning is a viable method of correcting the flaws. If one finds that it causes frosting, find another way to get those smooth tops.;)

I don't color my candles, so I had no idea using a heat gun (hair dryer) on the tops would cause frosting. Sorry for giving wrong information:embarasse .

Stella is right -- you didn't give wrong information. I don't color my candles either so I always use my embossing gun to fix the tops.