Question about Re-melting wax

Being new and testing to find the right size wick, I will take one of my candles and melt it down with a heat gun and pour it into a new container with a wick I think will do a better job. My question is, does this ruin the properties of the wax and scent? If the candle had been curing for a week, does the curing time go back to zero again or does the week of curring still apply?

If I don't re-melt the wax to try in a new wicked container, I feel the the wax is wasted.

Would appreciate any help, Thanks

No, you should NOT have to re-cure it.

Also, why go through all that time and energy expenditure to remelt? Pour your test container without a wick and let it set up. Take a metal skewer and poke a hole and insert your test wick. Burn it.

If the wick is completely the wrong size you will know it on the first burn (for example way too small). If it almost makes it to the end burn it another time or two to check your melt pool and make sure the glass is not getting too hot, flame too big etc.

Now, if you have to change the wick during the test burns just wait until it sets up and pull it out and insert a new one - no need to remelt.

Once you think you have the correct size, pour one secured with a tab and burn it all the way down. (Air currents, how the heat is held in the jar, sooting issues, all change at the bottom of the jar as opposed to the surface).

I just had to do this this past week, I poured a 2.75 inch container with a really easy to melt soy wax (115F MP) and put in my usual wick, but had to go a full size up just because I changed to a different FO - it took a total of 15 minutes of testing to get to what I think will be the right wick. (Now all I have to do is sit back and burn the candle thorugh the bottom).

HTH!

MWBF, rather than using wick assemblies (with wick tabs) for testing candles, just use the wick. If it doesn't work out, wait until the candle cools then pull it out with pliers and insert another one. MUCH quicker and easier than fooling around with remelting. This ends any error in testing that may (or may not) come from remelting and repouring. I would never sell a candle without a wicktab, but I sure as heck would test one without it!;)

...chuckle... I'm not wise, just terminally lazy! Anything I can do to save a step is more playtime for me!:yay: Folks here have freely shared their tips and many of them I am simply passing on! Sometimes, I am so in awe of the SIMPLE ideas that never occurred to me...:highfive: