Fund raiser average

Misty

Just wondering if you ever figure an average amount of sales per seller in a fund raiser to give you an idea of what to prepare for. I have one coming up for a small elementary school, and was going to try to get a little bit ahead of the order. Or, do you just wait until the order is turned in?

Thanks

Misty

Nope, there is no average and every school is different. Your best bet is to wait until the order is turned in and work off it. I do a yearly fundraiser with our local HS but we do it a little differently. They buy the candles outright from me so they can sell them on the spot. They just started today and ordered 12 cases to start. When those are sold they order more, they love doing it this way and so do I, no forms to print! Since my business is wholesale I always have stock made up so turnaround time is just a day or two when they reorder. No I don't get my money upfront, i turn in an invoice when I deliver and my check is mailed, usually around 2 weeks but this isn't a big deal, when you deal with schools invoicing is pretty standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Misty ~

While my experience is about 10 candles/kid.... waiting for the order is the best thing to do.

A lot depends on the other fundraising that's going on at the same time, the reason for the fundraiser (my belief is that when there's a particular prize in store ie. a trip or a special piece of equipment they're shooting for, it goes better), the involvement of the parents, the incentives you offer the kids, etc ...

BUT, this isn't like delivering to a store where they want their stuff yesterday. When people buy products sold through schools (often can be pre-paid), they expect to have to wait for delivery .... so use that to your advantage, heaven knows crafters usually bear the brunt of the financial risk.

Fundraisers are one of those rare situations where we don't have to :)

hth,

Andrea