Forever candles (CG Plug Mold)

Janet was kind enough to send me a couple of her silicone plug tea light inserts to test and I finally have gotten time to try them out! I've posted two pics (my photography skills aren't the best by any measure).

I wanted to use up some old Astorlite palm wax so made three 4x6 pillars. The plugs were really easy to use - I didn't have to weight them down, just place and poured wax over them.

There was just one little gotcha which wasn't a big deal. The molds I used had concave tops - so there was a little wax that ran under the sides of the plug. All I had to do was run a knife around the edge of the plug after I removed the pillar. You wouldn't have to do this with flat-top pillar molds I'd imagine? Like I said - to me it was really a non issue.

The melt point of the astorlite wax is the same as the soy wax I made the tea lights out of so it will be interesting to see how they burn. I have each one in a thick glass tea light holder. I don't think I will have any issues. The spacing seems to be perfect IMO. If you wanted them higher you could fill the cavity with a bit of wax. I think I also read about some folks putting cork circles under the tea light holder.

Anyway, I just wanted to post as a thanks to Janet.

Here is a closeup.

FEVR2.jpg

And the set:

FEVR1.jpg

I'm not sure if these are it or not -- http://www.creativegemsmolds.com/store/view_product.php?product=T-L3S6AW7 -- I got the impression that the holers she sent me were something new she was working on - and they seem to make larger holes that the picture on the link. Maybe Janet will chime in. I don't want to say something not true as the holers she sent me are the only ones I've actually seen or tried.

HenryK is right. Those were just testers to see if they worked or not. I do like how your candles turned out. Just a tiny suggestion. When I used them in palm wax I took some fine sandpaper and ran it around the inside edge. Just makes it look more professional in my opinion.

Give me a few days and I'll get these on my site. Thanks for testing!:yay:

Janet