Igi 4627

evesorto

I know that IGI 4627 is the great thrower...but, has anyone found that there are some scents that just won't throw well in this wax? I use this wax with 6 oz jars (appx 2.5 diameter) and Eco 8 wicks (sometimes RRD 47). Also fragrance load is always atleast 10%

How does changing wick type improve throw?

Please explain?

Eve

Wow, I've never had to go above 8% to get a great throw out of 4627. Most of the time, 6% worked great. Generally the wick of choice for this one is a zinc or HTP, but I've had good luck with CD's as well but the very best throw for me was with a HTP. At a 10% FO load, you should have a black jar.

Then again, if you're using crappy FO, you probably won't get a good throw either. I'd try different wick series and a lower % of a good quality FO (If you aren't already) and see what you come up with.

I'm not good on the scientific part of the explanation, but maybe someone will chime in.

Then again, if you're using crappy FO, you probably won't get a good throw either. I'd try different wick series and a lower % of a good quality FO (If you aren't already) and see what you come up with.

I was thinking the same thing.

Hi Eve! There are very few fo's that I have tried that don't throw in this wax. I do use zinc wicks though and if I get a scent that does not throw, I don't use it. I use a 12 % load in every candle also. Yesterday I was loading my turkey fryer and it was so hot out in the sunroom....I had the wax all over my hands and arms!!!! Gotta love the 4627 on those warm days!:smiley2:

I read a post somewhere on this board where someone who uses igi 4627 said that they peel the bag down around the whole block and then they slice thru with a knife. I started doing this and I have to say it is a lot neater; it really works. Then when you are done with the wax, scoot the back back up. Cut off any extra plastic bag...Hope it works for you as well as it has for me.

Eve

I love using the 4627 with my soy even as messy as it is lol. It has definitely improved my scent throw and I no longer have frosting. :yay:

I use latex gloves and literally scoop it out with my hands. When I am done, I peel off the gloves and toss them in the trash. No clean up needed!!! The first time I used this wax, I was digging out the wax under my fingernails for two days :angry2: lol

I love using the 4627 with my soy even as messy as it is lol. It has definitely improved my scent throw and I no longer have frosting. :yay:

I use latex gloves and literally scoop it out with my hands. When I am done, I peel off the gloves and toss them in the trash. No clean up needed!!! The first time I used this wax, I was digging out the wax under my fingernails for two days :angry2: lol

Ahhhh.............but, you are missing out on the wonderful hand softening properties of the wax! I rub a little bit on my elbows too!:D