Keeping Inventory In Check

Obviously I am EXTREMELY small time here, but just looking in my spare closet, is a mess of things I didnt realize I still had(oils, goatmilk powder, ect)

I thought about making something in Excel to keep track of everything I have and what new things I have ordered. Is there a simpler way to do this without buying a program. I am extremely unorganized otherwise.

I am not sure if there is a program or not (there probably is) but I spend way too much already so I put mine in excel and when I use something I subtract it from inventory. That way I know what I have on hand plus the fact it will make year end inventory more simple. I also put the unit price on it as well. Every time I get a shipment of something in I put it in my inventory. It took me forever to get organized but it its paying off already. I don't have to go thru all my stuff to see if I have everything I need to make whatever I want. Soooo simple to just pull up the excel sheet and see. I have it broken down ......soaping, candles, pkging, equipment etc

I've bought about 3 different programs and I always go back to Excel. I've wasted a lot of time and money on software! I have one inventory file with seperate pages for different items. Packaging, MP, colors, wax, oils, butters etc.

For each item, I have a column for how much I have on hand, how much I need to order, price per ounce or what ever, etc.

Then I have a page for finished products. I break down how much each item in the product costs. Then a total how much the entire product costs and what to sell it for.

It really didn't take too long to set it up and now I know at a glance what I have, need, cost per item, total cost and profit made. I'm not selling yet but when I do this is one step that will already be done.

Hope all that made a little bit of sense.

I always try to do tracking with excel but it never works properly for me! So I end up just doing it all by hand in notebooks, but it is all still a mess and I only update once a month cause it is such a PIA. I wish I had more talent when setting up excel files, I do them and get mad then never use them cause I know I am using the wrong options. lol

lol, no problem! :)

I give you a basics file, with a short notepad note on what you need to change for your own inventory. I'm gonna take a nap first, but you should have it by the end of tonight, just PM me your email address.