Cetyl Alcohol

Its usually used as a thickener or secondary emulsifier. I have found some suppliers might have cetearyl alcohol instead which is a mix of cetyl and stearyl alcohol. If you are not needing its emulsification, you could use another thickener like stearic acid or a gum, depending on what you are making. HTH.

For the scrub recipe you are making, you can just leave the cetyl out and up the ewax or stearic. It will turn out just fine. I actually prefer cetyl to stearic as it doesn't leave such a drag. I am now using only cetyl in my lotion recipes, but for the scrubs, the stearic is fine. It is cheaper anyway. If you really want some cetyl, I believe Kangaroo Blue sells it.

Ann M

WSP discontinued cetyl alcohol and I can see why. Their version is HORRIBLE. It was translucent beads and must have had a lower melt point. It's nothing like the white flakes the other suppliers (LC and Herbarie) carry. I pitched mine after only a few scrub batches went awry.

Jenn at lotioncrafter usually ships the same day you order. If you order and pay early enough it should go out today, tomorrow at the latest. I have to warn you though, if you go to her site you may want more than cetyl. I always try something new each order I place, she has great stuff.