M38 users...I have a ????

Guest ShellyRobyn

I use this wax and love it but it's very tempermental. It seems to change with the seasons. It's having a difficult time right now adjusting to the new season!!!:( I can go for months at a time and every candle comes out of the mold just beautiful. Then one day... BAM.. they all look like dirt for no rhyme or reason.

Believe it or not, your pouring temp depends on the FO. It does for me anyway. I pour most about 172-175 but some sweeter FO's like Cinnamon Bun, Banana Nut Bread or even the Amish Harvest that has those sweeter bakery notes, I pour at 178-180. Just those few degrees really make a difference. I insulate the taller molds (3x6, 3x9) but don't on the short ones (3x4). I use mostly 24 ply but some need 30 ply and they burn just beautiful.

If I didn't love the looks of this wax so much (and didn't have 10 cases of this in my garage), I might give up on it. It can really be pain.

Also, don't use more than 4% FO. That's one more reason I like this wax. Less FO, less $$ to make it. They will bleed FO a bit but I roll mine up in a paper towel overnight after I've got them leveled.

And...... I heat my molds. If I don't I get pinholes. If I heat it too much I get them too.

Now.... are you wishing you hadn't bought this wax???:yes: