Questions For An Accountant?

Good morning all :)

I'm compiling an interview sheet to take with me when I meet potential accountants. I'm hoping to do my monthly taxes myself, but then hand over all the paperwork at the end of the year and have an accountant mess with it. I'd like the accountant to help me set up my record keeping, and guide me on how to properly file my monthly taxes. I'm wondering if anyone has any questions that I should absolutely ask an accountant? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

D

I'm hitting up mine this week, so I'll share what I plan on getting done/asked:

The amount of quarterly taxes to pay into Federal

State Tax ID forms

Percentage of write offs for items I use in both personal and business

Percentage of gas write offs for picking up my supplies from Peaks

Percentage of shipping write offs for others that ship to me

Ability to possibly write off some of Paypal's transaction fees

I, too plan on doing most of it myself, but I needed a local accountant as opposed to our family one, because I'm in another state. He'll basically do the end of the year stuff, and get me set up to do my own throughout the year.

Thank you guys :) The whole accounting thing gives me the heebie jeebies, LOL. The last lady I had charged me for every second of her time (even for little questions), so I want to make sure I get someone better this time around (and make sure I get all my questions answered and that I ask the right questions).