Is there such a thing as...

wicks that don't dance once the container is half or less full? I've tested tons and they all do this once the candle is about half gone. With some I got soot so eliminated those. A couple types just dance but seem to burn soot free, so I have those as my top choices. Am I being too picky or does wick dancing bother anyone else? (no I'm not burning in a drafty area and I always trim the wicks before every burn):grin2:

If there is a dance free wick I would sure like to test it!

Thanks for your reply, I realize that air flow in the jar makes a difference and depends on the shape and size....not sure if it's lack of oxygen or whatever, I'm scientifically challenged...I just test away until I find what I think works :embarasse with that jar. Sure wish it was a simple as a wick and just wondered if one is better than the others.

I've done side by side tests with 2 of the same jar, same wax, same fo and %, same color formula, same wick. Once halfway down they all dance. Then I tried a candle capper on one and low and behold, no flicker. Just a nice steady flame... I guess maybe the capper controls the airflow or whatever.

Well, now I'm ramblin' and not even sure what my point is :embarasse