Has anyone done this?

I have my first Farmers Market this Saturday....One of my Best sellers is my Softens and Soothes Hand and foot balm, good for you elbows and knees too....I have them all unscented..and I am offering 4 to 6 popular scents including a few eo's that I have samples to try...I have preprinted labels that are cut and ready to be applied, and they can choose the scent they want and I will do it up for them...This is to save from having scents that no one likes....the most popular is the unscented.....I've done this before and it worked..Just wondering if anyone has done this too

Hugs Maggie

I have not done this, but it sounds like a great idea!! I would like to hear other opinions on the "safety" of this-would you have to worry about contamination or anything? plus, how well could you get the oils mixed up without getting cream/lotion outside of the jar...

It would be a lot easier than making scents people didn't care for. you could pick your certain scents you wanted to make them in and take just those oils along. you would probably need a clean pipette and stirring utensil for every "cream" or lotion you did..

I've seen the add for the "perfume" you create at a party-like a custom scent. something urban? can't remember the name. i thought it sounded interesting.

Heather

I checked out their site. I see how you could do it off your internet site, but how in the world would you do it in the store or at a craft show?

It would save $ by not having to "waste" products people didn't like the scents of, but how would you mix it up on site? you wouldn't want regular lotion bottles-they are hard to fill. the 4 or 8 oz jars would be ok because you could just have your base already in the jar or in plastic ziploc bags and mix scent that way?

how would people pick their scents? would you have a small trial version of each scent you planned to offer?

i love this idea because i hate making up lotions for craft shows and then "sitting on them" when they don't sell. i usually end up using them after a while because i don't want them to sit there forever and get "old" so this would be a lot easier.

would love to hear any "organizing" tips from someone who has tried this and had success with this idea.

Heather

Sooooo ladies it was a good day with the lotion scenting.:yay: . it was my balms in jars that I was scenting...I had the balm in the jars, premeasured scents in bottles. labels cut, I labeled the jar and I gave them the scent and stirrer to use.....They were all happy about choosing their fragrance and adding it at home...All was good...

Hugs Maggie