need an opinion

I am considering trying Soy again.. :pI'm just going to start with Tins (16oz). I went on CandleScience.com & used their wick guide. They suggested HTP 1212. I have some of that (for when i was trying to wick palm) & well it looks sooo big. My tins are 3 & 3/4 in diameter. They also suggested LX 26's. What do you think?

I am going to test, test, test of course...but just wanted other opinions before i went & actually poured my first one.

P.s. I'm using Ecosoya 135

Guest Amorelei

I love CS and would hate to go against what they suggest, but I've found that anything 3" or wider in diameter works better if double wicked. JMO...

Maybe this thread will help a little with the tin wicking dilemna:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8013

I have some jars that are close to the same size as your tin diameter and can wick with just one wick and soy. Keep in mind when you are wicking tins, they will hold the heat much more than glass which makes helps explain why it can be wicked with one wick.

When I used 100% soy in a 16oz tin, I used an htp1212 ... it worked fine. The supplier that I bought my supplies from suggested an htp1312, but I thought that was too large. Hope this helps.

I couldn't get a full MP with the HTP 1212's. I have now put in 2 HTP-62 (all i had in the house here) but not quite..i have to go up again...Great throw though...My whole computer room which is very large smells like Mom's Apple Pie.

Thanks for the info..