questions about whipped shae butter

I know you can answer these questions for me, I'm new with shae butter so here goes

1 what should the butter feel like after it's whipped?

2 Does it go bad?

3 How can you tell when it is bad?

4 After you whip it should it be kept in the frig.?

thanks for all your help

1 what should the butter feel like after it's whipped? Seems like everyones butter is a little different, I like to get mine as fluffy as possible and am now making emulsified body butter for my self instead, not selling it.

2 Does it go bad? Depends on how you store it, what oils you use, and old you shea is. Anything can go bad under the wrong conditions. Was you work surface and all untensils used properly sanitized.

3 How can you tell when it is bad? I would think smell, but you may not detect it.

4 After you whip it should it be kept in the frig.? Nope it will just get hard again.

The key is to test everything you make. I love my emulsified body butter but I don't sell it cause it hasn't been tested. When I make it i put some in a big jar for me and give one ounce jars to my friends who like it. They use it up fast and no one has had a problem with it. I have a jar I made a year ago, and it still seems fine, but I wonder what a culture of it would show.

thanks for all your help

I definitely would refrigerate whipped shea in warm weather if fragile oils were used like hemp seed oil, evening in primrose, rose hip seed oil because they go rancid quickly. Hardy oils like jojoba, fractionated coconut oil have a very long shelf life which do not require refrigeration.