Lanolin Alternative?

I've been researching alternatives to lanolin and have come up with rice bran oil. Does anyone know if this has the same consistency as lanolin?

If you need to sub for lanolin, what do you use? Recently, I subbed beeswax for lanolin and am thinking it may be too hard.

Your thoughts?

I think that in itself would be really difficult to sub out. Maybe try experimenting with a mixture of shea or mango butter and cyclomethicone? That would be kind of a gooey, but creamy and silky mixture I'd think.

CUPUACU BUTTER is an effective alternative to lanolin because of its high water absorption capacity according to the manufacturer JARCHEM INDUSTRIES, Newark NJ. I've used Cupuacu in balms with excellent results. It melts quickly & doesn't have the tackiness like lanolin. Cupuacu Butter is available from GardenofWisdom.com--who I have been ordering from for years. They are the only supplier who accommodates you by letting you order a small amount of anything on their site so you're not stuck with, for example, a pound only to find out it isn't what you wanted which definitely saves you money. Mention you are a board member.