mold question

misssherrie

I have some victorian guest molds that I want to fill in the filligree with just white soap and then the rest in colored. Is there a trick to getting the white to just fill up the indentations, do I let it harden and then fill up the rest is there a temperature I should be pouring the soap at I am using Peaks Shea butter M&P. I am new to this I have only made candles but I am having fun with this.

I've done it with pipettes and it's a pain in the butt! LOL

You can also try just pouring a bit and rolling it around to get it in the design, let it dry and scrape off the excess with an old credit card.

Either way, put it in the freezer for a while, give it a spritz of rubbing alcohol and pour your color, but not too hot.

I'm pro pipettes...lol...I think that's the easiest way to use colorants..however...you can also pour your white m&p into a paper cup...squeeze the top rim to make a lip and pour your white base that way...without paper cups and pipettes I'd have no business...lol