Need QUICK help w/ converting soap weight

beau's mama

I have 2 molds that I want to do 3 layer loafs in. One holds almost 6#'s of water & the other holds 2# 3oz of water. Since M&P soap in way heavier than water, how can I figure out how much base the molds will hold? Do I double it? :undecided

I'm very math challanged, so please try to explain it to me like I'm a 2 yr old :D

All help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

Sharon

What's your inside mold dimensions??

I'm not sure of a formula for the mold size for M&P.....I know the one to figure out oils for CP...but not sure if it's the same....BUT, I do know what a 1 pound cube of SFIC dimensions are!

Donna

What's your inside mold dimensions??

I'm not sure of a formula for the mold size for M&P.....I know the one to figure out oils for CP...but not sure if it's the same....BUT, I do know what a 1 pound cube of SFIC dimensions are!

Donna

Hey Donna

The mold dimensions are 5.5 L x 4 W x 2.5 Deep & 10 L x 4.25 W x 3 Deep.

Help me , PLEASE! My hands are burning to make this soap! I have no idea why :undecided

Sharon

:yay: I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT!:yay:

I found my notes from when I first started soaping. Thank goodness I recorded how much base I used in the small mold.

Still could use help w/ the larger mold, though. It's a massive silicone loaf mold I got off Ebay so I could do huge chunky soap.

Anyone?

Thanks

Sharon

ACK! Sharon!! Did it work out? I was working on a presentation for school (only took 7 hrs!) and totally forgot to check back in to see if you'd replied w/ the dimensions!

I see you found the amount to use for the smaller mold. For the bigger one, I'd double it.

For the small one...you have 5.5x4x2.5 = 55 (inches) if you double that, it's 110.

For the big one..you have 10x4.25x3 = 127.5....which is close. OK, it's close enough for me anyway. (Secretly waiting for CareBear to pop in w/ her formulas...)

Soooo....what'd you make??? I'm going to make some sample type M&P soaps tomorrow...ideas are welcome! :laugh2:

Hugs,

Donna

ACK! Sharon!! Did it work out?

Yep, sure did. I posted a pic in the gallery.

OK, I told you I'm math challanged :grin2: What the hell am I doubling?? The dimensions?

I've been doing some extra reading on CP..I'm getting closer & closer to taking the plunge.

Lord, Lord, Lord...weights & measurements are gonna drive me to an early grave!

ROFL...you are doubling the volume inside your mold (length x width x height) ....so the volume inside your smaller one is 55 inches...if you double the first one...that's 110. Your larger one has the volume of 127.5....which is just a little more than double. SO, if you know how many pounds of M&P will go in the smaller one...double it for the larger one.

Donna