paraffin and soy blends

Jmho, but I find soy batches are so variable in burn and I don't like having to use huge wicks (most folks don't have this soy problem...but I have 150 lbs. of it). So, I've started mixing my higher melt point soy with a low melt point paraffin and so far have been able to wick down a lot, get a good melt pool and a good throw. The wax is smooth and so far (fingers crossed) no frosting and minimal wet spots. When this wax is all gone, I'm going to look into buying a pre blended 50/50 as I can't find much not to like. Beth

I played around some on Friday with my GB 415 soy and J223 paraffin. I did a 70/30 blend and a 60/40 blend.

The 60/40 blend worked better than the 70/30. I have NO wet spots, NO frosting and a very pretty creamy candle with the 60/40. Now if I can get the right wick to go with this new blend I will have it made lol

How long do you cure the parasoy blends? I am used to soy that takes a good week or longer to cure and dying to burn one of these to see how the hot throw is :o

Thanks!

Jami