Beeswax Blending with Soy Issues

I have read MANY posts about adding beeswax in soy. Some of the benefits were creamy candles, less frosting and possibly better hot/cold throw.

Anyway, I decided to try some blending yesterday. I used GB 415 with 2% beeswax in one batch and GB 415 with 3% beeswax. I poured around 110 or when it was cloudy and not slushy. I got the beeswax from Candle Science.

Well I think I have more frosting than I did without the beeswax. I did some candles without coloring as a comparison to those with color and even the ones without coloring had frosting.

What did I do wrong?

I'm using EZsoy which is the same as 415 and I also add 3% BW. I do get creamier tops and MUCH, MUCH less frosting. I pour at 100, though. Also, if I add a wee too much BW, I get a bit of frosting and some pits. Wax is so moody sometimes!

Edited to add that I (also) get my BW from CandleScience :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.aromafieldscandles.com

I'm using EZsoy which is the same as 415 and I also add 3% BW. I do get creamier tops and MUCH, MUCH less frosting. I pour at 100, though. Also, if I add a wee too much BW, I get a bit of frosting and some pits.

I will try another batch and let it cool off to around 100 and see if that helps. I usually don't need a thermometer but have been using one alot the past few days because I am testing EVERYTHING and writing notes of what is happening. I did notice today that I even have frosting around the bottom of a couple of my jars but hey, no wet spots :laugh2:

Today has been parasoy testing today. I am trying 70/30, 60/40 and 50/50 blends to see what happens. I am sure I am doing this right as far as pour temps but only one way to find out lol Nothing like more wicks to test huh? :undecided

Thanks for taking the time to respond!!