Newbie Questions

NamaNama

Been lurking and checking different soap forums for information and this one has some of the best information. I have done much reading and research and have decided to try making M&P first. I have sent for some soap on a rope molds to use and some shea butter M&P. I have never used M&P but thought I would give it a try. I have been using homemade soap for the last few years and love it. How can I use different FO's in the same batch for variety or do I have to do a separate batch for each FO. Also how do I know how many molds to use for each batch. I would eventually like to do CP. Also has anyone used a FO called Citron Fig. I bought some handmade soap in this fragrance and it smells wonderful. However, I have looked on several websites and have not found it. Thanks for any help or suggestions you might give me.

You can use a big pot for melting a lg amount of unscented base and pour out smaller portions into pouring pots or measuring cups for different fragrances and colors. Melt and pour is really easy, don't worry so much about exact measurements for molds just yet, just play. The only thing you really need to concern yourself with is making sure anything you add is body safe and careful not to overheat your base. Have fun.