Fundraising at Colleges/Universities

SnowCow

Hey all,

i work at university in the Student Activities Office and wanted to give everyone an idea. A lot of student organizations look for good fundraisers and more are starting to do the candle thing, although they tend to go with something like party lite or home interiors.

if you want to do college fundraisers, contact the student activities office and see if you can place fliers in their student organization mailboxes. i know i will put fliers in if the company gives me the copies. due to multiple requests during the year, my office cannot afford to make copies for people. you are likely to at least get some interest and may get a few contracts.

ONE THING TO REMEMBER: a majority of student organizations are NOT tax exempt. they do not always fall under the university's tax exempt status. In texas, it is a state law that student organizations may not use it, except for certain organizations. You will need to have them collect sales tax and you will need to pay it to the state. don't want anyone getting into trouble!

this is the time of year (at least at my college) where students are trying to find good ideas for fundraisers. any questions, just ask me!