CP Fragrance ??

AkainePSP

I have a questin about fragrance. I used Serendipity from Just Scent in a CP recipe. I couldn't find anything that said it worked well in CP only that it was soap and bath and body safe. So I figured I would give it a whirl.

I think I added it a bit to early. If I did add it to early is it possible for my scent to change? It doesn't smell bad but it doesn't smell like it did when I dumped it in.

What do you think?

Kelly

Lye can cause a lot of problems when it comes to FO in soap.

I have never had a scent change completley but it can cause them to fade and other things.....

Do you think that when you put the FO in CP soap that you picked up some undertone scent that you were not smelling so much before?

Jennifer

Well I was thinking that was what possibly happened as well. Because it smells a bit more fruity and to me it didn't have much of a fruity smell but the scent description says

SERENDIPITY - This is a super sweet concoction that will totally win you over! Sweet, thick, creamy vanilla with -confectioner?s sugar sweet cherry, sweet orange citrus and the tiniest amount of yummy fresh coconut. This is a rich and wonderfully decadent sinfully sweet delight! Bath and body safe!! YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!

It does sort of smell a bit like cherries and some other fruity smells but definately no vanilla. The soap came out beautifully. This is like my 4th or 5th batch so I'm pretty happy with the results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62855126@N00/462360172/in/set-72157600049204027/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62855126@N00/462360046/in/set-72157600049204027/